Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Smatterings



I like this picture of an elk in Rocky Mountain National Park. Apparently when I fiddle with photos on my computer, they are saved in a different folder called 'modified', and I didn't notice until recently that this was happening. Anyway, the sepia tone works nicely with the scene.

I finished HP7 last night. I've been discussing it at work with a couple of people on my staff who have also finished it. I like being able to do that. I'm still extremely exhausted from the weekend, but will be able to sleep in Wednesday. Excellent.

After work today (and today was my 7th anniversary with Borders) I went to the local big petstore to pet the kitties up for adoption. There was a beautiful DMH tabby kitty with green eyes and a bright pink tongue. Her name card said Cissy, but she looked like a Chloe to me. And then there was a ginger tabby kitty named Lonnie, but he looked more like an Oliver. He really wanted some lovin', so I scritched him for a long time. I'm not ready to get a kitty again, but it was nice to visit some.

The 10th season of Stargate SG-1 came out today, so I bought my copy and have watched a few episodes. I'll go back and watch the eps with commentary next, as that is always a hoot.

I am very tired, so off to bed go I.

7 comments:

CatBoy said...

That is a very nice picture.

I'm still not ready for a new cat yet. It isn't neccesarily about my feelings about John Morgan (or any of my previous cats for that matter) as much as me not wanting to have that responsibilty again, just yet.

After 20 years of cleaning litter boxes and giving pills, etc. I am kind of enjoying the break. And with no carpet downstairs, I do not miss the daily Swiffering to pick up cat hair.

First I have to get one of those robot vaccuums, then I can get a cat.

PS. You did not answer my question (the one I didn't actually ask) about the photo . Answer it in an e-mail if it suits you.

PPS. What about my Ruth Reichl post creeped you out?

Jenny Robin said...

Regarding your first question: I think you're gonna have to ask it, because I don't know which picture you mean.

Your second question: I'll have to go back and read your post and my comment to remember what I was thinking when I said 'creepy'.

CatBoy said...

The question I asked was in response to your first HP pictures post- I asked why the woman in glasses and boots looked familiar, but it was asked in such a way that the actual question I was asking was sort of hanging in the air.

You have no idea what I am talking about do you?

Okay, no subtle pussy-footing, is the woman in the front of the picture with long hair, glasses and boots you? If not, it is really weird, because that is just about how I have always pictured you (only with a larger bust).

Jenny Robin said...

No, I'm not in the picture. I'm taking the picture. The young lady whom you mention is a college student who works for me during summers and xmas.

I have never and probably will never post a picture of myself.

CatBoy said...

Well you said that before, but I thought you might sneak one in a group shot where I would never know it was you, you know, just to mess with me.

Well, anyway, she's cute.

Jenny Robin said...

It appears that I'm messing with you without putting myself in a picture.

Anonymous said...

resp,

i like to pet the kitties at petsmart only because they are there and need love mixed with the fact that etsmart only allows nokill shelters to operate out of the adoption center. i understand not being ready for another cat yet, but i'm glad you got kitty time.

my pic program saved edited pics as the same name but it says somethig like version2 or version3, depending on how many times i save a version of it. i usually have to remember which version i want to post, or which was my favorite.

jilly