Sunday, February 04, 2007

Colorado

I have a meeting in Denver in mid-March. A few of my friends and I are going up early, staying in Estes Park for a few nights, and having a mini-break holiday (as Bridget Jones would say). I'm very excited, as I've never gone snow skiing before. And since I've never gone skiing before, and Texas never gets that much snow, I found myself in need of some cold weather clothes. Awwww, too bad, I know.

So, I ordered the cutest hat and scarf and snow shoes from Land's End. Guess what color they are? I also ordered some long underwear bottoms and sock liners, cold weather water-resistant gloves and a vest that is supposed to keep me warm in 20 degree weather. The vest fits snugly, but I figure once I layer some clothing underneath, it'll be too tight, so I'm going to return that one and get the next size up.

I know a couple of people who might visit this blog live in Colorado. What activities do you recommend that are near/around Estes Park?
______________________________

I sold back the DVDs last week and bought Stargate Seasons 2-5. I got a decent amount for each box set I sold back, and I have tons more to sell back.

Tonight I purchased the new Norah Jones CD. I'll listen to it tomorrow on the drive to my parents' house. I'm sure I'll enjoy it greatly.
______________________________

Fiscal 2006 ended tonight. I'm looking forward to a great year in 2007.
______________________________

My nephew's Kindergarten teacher passed away a few weeks ago. The headmaster at his school called the parents of all the kids in his class (I think he may only have 12-15 kids in his class). At least one parent came to the school to be with their child when the headmaster told the kids. My nephew enjoyed his teacher very much. My sister says my nephew is taking the death pretty well, but when someone is late or doesn't show up at a particular time, he thinks that person is dead.
______________________________

3 comments:

CatBoy said...

Using skiing as an excuse to buy clothes, you're such a girly-girl (Except that whole going into training to break someone's arm part.).

I'm sorry to hear about your nephew's loss and resulting worries.

vq said...

Hi, Jenny Robin! I suggest you go to Beau Joe's Pizza in Idaho Springs while you're up there!

The Broards said...

Are your Land's End's things ORANGE??????