Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Grill, the Interviews, the Bike

I'm enjoying my grill. I cooked a couple of hot dogs on it yesterday for lunch. Tonight I will cook some chicken that I need to get in the marinade in a little bit.

The phone interview lasted 2 hours yesterday, and today I took an online assessment for the company. It turns out that I really like this DM's style. He lets his store managers run their stores and isn't managing them on a day to day basis like I had to at my former company. Such a relief! He also holds optional training sessions for his team on leadership. The metrics are achievable, the business is profitable and growing.....I think I would really enjoy working for this company. Let's hope it all works out. The next step is to interview with a Store Manager to get their take on me. I am an excellent in-person interviewer/interviewee, because that is when my personality ca be observed and not just heard over the phone. That piece is not yet scheduled, but I was told the process could take another couple of weeks.

I am going to get a bicycle today. I want a cruising bike. I hate bikes where you have to lean all the way over to ride them (mountain bike and street bikes). Target has some Schwinn cruising bikes, so I'll go there after lunch and see what I see. I don't need a lot of gears, so a single gear or a 3 speed is just fine. I want it to have a nice wide cushiony comfy seat, and if it has basket, that will be supercute as well, though I don't require a basket.

The garden is growing like crazy. We finally had a really warm night a few nights ago, and all the plants took off! It's now been 3 1/2 weeks since I planted the seeds and small plants, and everything has sprouted and is spreading its wings. I need to thin out the radishes, carrots, and onions. It's so exciting to think that I'll start having some fresh organic veggies very soon!

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Catz said...

I hope you get the job. It is getting to be grilling weather. :) I may plan something for the grill this week end.

UrbanStarGazer said...

Good luck! I will keep my fingers crossed.

CatBoy said...

There's a quote about gardens being a preposterous endeavor (or something like that) since you have no clue what's going to happen. That's a big part of the appeal, waiting and seeing.