Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Does Tornadoes have an 'e' in it?

We've had day after day of tornadoes around here for the past week+. It's getting old. Fortunately, most of them have hit to the west or south of DFW, touching down in small towns I've never heard of before because they have a population of 17 or so.

I still remember May of 2000 when a tornado ripped through downtown Ft. Worth and destroyed buildings and generally wreaked havoc. Fortunately, it was in the evening, after the work day was completed.

At least we've had a goodly amount of rain, after several months with no rain. I must mow my lawn tomorrow and buy another bottle of weed killer. I thought I had done did kilt all my weeds, but they are springing up all over the place because of all the rain. Oh, goody. I don't want to get a nastygram from my HOA, so I have to mow forthwith.

Today was my second day at my new job. Yesterday was a half day filled with paperwork and such, and today included 6 hours of watching videos, which were actually very well produced, along with certification, and a store visit with several executives. That was a good experience.

I get to learn to drive the forklift soon, which tickles me to no end! And I had such fun interacting with the pets and their parents today on the floor. Two thumbs up for this job so far. And I'm ecstatic that there is a strict dresscode. I will no longer have to spend tons of money every year on work clothes. And no more worrying about what I will wear every day. Perfection. I plan on donating many of my former work clothes to Goodwill. That will clean out my closet nicely.

I'm whooped. I got very lazy during my two months off, though I dare say I needed the rest and relaxation. I'm going to watch my DVR'd Survivor then get some sleep.

Nytall!

4 comments:

emma said...

Why worry . . . just use the word "Twisters" ;)

CatBoy said...

Congratulations on the forklift deal.

honda crv lease said...

Congratulations on the forklift deal.

Jilly said...

sooo, how're ya besides busy? fill the rest of us in on your house, job, marching band and most importantly, the GARDEN!