Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dog the Bounty Hunter at 4 of my stores

Apparently WalMart cancelled all of the events they had scheduled with Dog the Bounty Hunter, so I ended up with 4 events with him in my district this week. Two were on Tuesday and two were on Wednesday. Two of the events we only had 2 or 3 days' notice to handle. That's a verrrrry short turnaround time.

I was at the events in Rogers, AR and Tulsa, OK, and there were hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of people at each.

His wife is a prima donna drama queen who needs to decide either to stfu and follow book signing etiquette, or never get off the tour bus.

Dog himself was very gracious and engaging with the fans. He stayed at every event until he met each person and everyone got their book signed. He was doing radio interviews in the morning, then events at noon, 4pm and 8/9pm each day, so I appreciate that he stayed at each venue until every last person was taken care of.

The crowd was so diverse that it surprised me. There were people of all ages, economic groups, cultures, and so on. I would have to say that a large portion of them were from the underprivileged class. Most of them had probably never seen the inside of a bookstore, so the entire experience is something they'll remember for a long time.

I need to get some work done now.


5 comments:

Jilly said...

i hate crowds, but i LOVE people watching, so that all sounds really entertaining, but frustrating. I'm glad your stores had success and Walmart lost out. and how did you not tell his wife that she needs a new wardrobe? it would have physically pained me to not mention something about her postmodern-trashy-chic look.

god bless you, you're my hero.

jilly

Catz said...

glad your store got the event. although I'm not a Dog fan. I do agree with the wife's idea of fashion.maybe he likes his women a little bit on the trashy side...:D

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Is that you again, Bert?

Ded

UrbanStarGazer said...

I've only seen pics of the guy and, all I can say is "Yikes!".