Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Vacation Next Week

I'm using a week of vacation next week.  Our PTO (Paid time off) year ends the 31st of January, so it's 'use it or lose it' time.  I don't really have any plans other than sleep (a lot), practice my mellophone, do some chores around home, and work up to running at 180 bpm (beats per minute) for 10 minutes.  This last one is to get into good shape for corps, as the show is a maximum of 12 minutes at multiple tempos, but the visual caption head (ie marching instructor) told us that we're going to build up to 180 bpm for 10 minutes during stretching/conditioning at each camp, and if we can achieve that, we'll each be in good shape to march the whole show.

I don't want to go anywhere out of state, but I might take a few day trips to various undetermined places.

What do you think I should do on my vacation?

6 comments:

UrbanStarGazer said...

Play tourist!

Ded said...

I'm no doctor and enjoy a good cardio workout myself, but 180 beats per second sounds a tad fast. I'd slow down and live a bit longer. :)

Jenny Robin said...

I was first confused by what Ded said, then I realized I DID type beats per SECOND. Holy Cow! I'm going back to edit that to say Beats per MINUTE. There, that's better.

Jenny Robin said...

And now I'm laughing hysterically because I'm imagining what it would look like for a bunch of people to try to run at 180 beats per second.

Bert Bananas said...

Mexicans often attain and sustain 180 beats per second when they're in love.

Jilly said...

be sure to spend some time with your nephew, they grow up way too fast.

jilly