Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Aggravation!

I told the corps recruiting coordinator that I would help this week with posting flyers around town and also with posting free online classifieds for percussionists.  The hornline and the guard positions are filling up quickly, but we still need pit and battery to round out the drumline.

Translation of pit and battery:  pit is the vibes, xylophone, marimbas, timpani, etc. that are on the front sidelines...they are also called the front ensemble.  The battery consists of snare drums, tenor drums, bass drums, and sometimes cymbals...these folks march on the field.

Since I'm on vacation this week I thought it would be a good opportunity for me to drive around and post the flyers in some of the southern suburbs to hopefully pique some interest.  Because of the nasty weather the past few days, I've not gotten very far on that front, though that is my plan for Thursday.

And tonight I have spent a couple of hours trying to get a very simple ad placed on several free online classifieds/online advertising websites.  And I have to say I am really aggravated.  I have to go through the entire process of registering on each site, waiting for the confirmation email, clicking through on that, then navigate my way through each website's ad posting process.  I don't have the patience for it, I tell ya.  It seriously took me 2 hours to do 6 of these.  And one big failed attempt with Facebook, which I inherently detest, though not as much as Myspace.

I really really really really hate Myspace.  

Anyway, these ads had better yield something substantial.  In all likelihood they won't, because they're just one ad among thousands and thousands.  Still, I shall choose to believe the ads will work, and I got to help out the recruiting coordinator who is a lovely gentleman, so that's nice.

1 comment:

CatBoy said...

You'd love facebook if you weren't so old and set in your ways- every single day you would get see my status and know what I was doing.

Charles is eating Nutella from the jar- posted three hours ago.

Charles thinks the cat is pregnant- posted 2 minutes ago.

All sorts of great gems like that. Yeah, I know, you aren't joining.

I'm glad the Corps has someone so passionate working to promote them.