Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Instant Viewing on Netflix

I had not visited my Netflix site recently, as I normally load up the queue with full TV series and let it run for a few months. But, I did just drop by there to drop Planet Earth into the front of my queue when I noticed something called "Instant Viewing" that is included in my regular monthly fee.

Apparently, if I were to use a Windows based computer (slimly possibly my 6 year old laptop), I could watch up to 18 hours of various movies and TV shows. Rather nifty.

But, since I don't care to sit in front of a computer for 2 hours at a time watching a movie, and I really don't think my old laptop could handle the streaming volume, I will be forced to think of Instant Viewing as a very creative method by Netflix to retain loyal customers and recapture ones lost to other online DVD services.
--------------------------------

1 comment:

CatBoy said...

This shows just how unobservant I can be. I updated my queue yesterday and didn't even notice that instant viewing. I'll have to check that out.