Sunday, August 27, 2006

Rain, Hair, and Whatever Else

Rain

It is raining right now. Yes, right now as I type this, liquid is falling from the sky. The liquid began falling as I was driving home this afternoon from Ft. Worth. For about a minute the rain was so heavy that I had to slow to 20mph on the highway because I couldn't see. I loved it.

In case you've been in a coma, out of the country, or are just plain stupid, you know we've had around 40+ days with 100+ degree heat so far this summer. The earth is dry and cracked, and we're on water conservation/rationing systems. It doesn't really affect me because I live in an apartment, but house owners are finding that their foundations are cracking and their trees are dying. Bad news.

Anyway, I suppose it's rained about 45 minutes, a real thunderstorm, which hopefully is enough to get water to all the living things that need it.
_________________________________________________

Hair

My nephew has always liked to hold hair. He usually likes to hold his mom's hair, but lately he prefers my hair or my younger sister's hair. He likes to climb all over me, then play with my hair. After a while, I get tired of it. He whines when I ask him to stop. He says, "I want to hold your hair. It's soft. Whine whine whine whine." What's up with this kid? Isn't that just a tad unusual?
_________________________________________________

Whatever Else

I've been watching Stargate SG-1 on DVD through Netflix. I am really enjoying it. I was looking online the other night for Sci-Fi conventions. I've never been to one and thought it might be kind of fun. I couldn't find one anywhere around here, though, and I don't particularly want to spend vacation time traveling to attend one. Maybe something will come up in the future.
________________________________________________

Wow, this post was exceptionally boring. I can't believe you read it.

6 comments:

***LadyMtnMedic*** said...

What did you say that stuff was called again? Rain? Hmm I will have to look and see if that ever happens around here.

The hair thing is rather weird. How old is the little guy? It's odd but than again I have more hair then the Lion King, and complete strangers will walk up and touch my hair and comment on its redness or what not. That's even freakier. I think its similar to people stopping and petting cute little dogs on the street.

Post a picture of Gracie one of these days will you? :-D

The Broards said...

"My nephew has always liked to hold hair"
Respighi,
LP was the SAME way when he was a baby/toddler. He held my hair while he nursed, when I read to him, or rocked him. I thought it was a perecious thing

The Broards said...

precious, even

CatBoy said...

Maybe he wants to be a stylist when he grows up. I hear the tips aren't bad.

Get him a wig to play with for Christmas.

CatBoy said...

Me again . . . I think it's just a tactile thing. Like running your hand through grass or wiggling your toes in the sand at the beach or putting your hands into a bin of grain and letting it fall off your finger-tips.

UrbanStarGazer said...

How old is the kid? My nephew had a rubber fetish until he was forced to give it up at the age of 5. He had to have rubber to hold at all times -- rubber nipples from baby bottles, rubber bands, rubber gloves, etc. It was very odd.