Tuesday, August 15, 2006

And on the Thirtieth Day...

Today, indeed, yes it's true...today...this afternoon in fact...I GOT MY CAR BACK!!!

It looks great, like the hailstorm never happened. It was strange to get re-adjusted to it. And I noticed it still smells like new car.

In total, the repairs were over $2,800 (my deductible is $250, thank goodness), and the rental car was $750. I had to pay a bit over $19 on the rental because my insurance just covers up to $25/day.

It's crazy. I haven't even owned the car 7 months, and I didn't have it in my possession for 1 of those months.

The downside is that the hood and roof no longer have the paint sealant that the original finish had because the hood is new and the roof was repainted. If bird poo gets on it, I am supposed to get it off immediately. I may call my Honda dealer and see how much it will be to get both of those parts sealed -- probably way too much.
________________________________________________

Netflix--I have gotten very good turn-around time on my last two cycles of DVDs. Sometimes it takes 4 or 5 days to get the next discs, but the past two times it has just taken 2 days. I hope this continues.
________________________________________________

I received an LL Bean Fall 2006 clothing catalog in the mail. The lady on the front is wearing a turtleneck sweater with a wool blazer and blue jeans. How did LL Bean know that I was just itching to look at a catalog full of high-necked, thickly layered clothing while it's 104 degrees outside. I flipped through the catalog, started sweating (not really, I just added that for impact) and threw it in the trash.
________________________________________________

I don't remember if all 5 of you who post comments here have to enter letters in that annoying verification box to post. What's with those letters, anyway? I never type so many x's, q's and z's as I do when trying to comment on these blogs. The verificationer thingy really favors those letters. Somebody should do something about that.
________________________________________________

If you haven't already, you should try playing Animal Ark Mah Jong at pogo.com. It is quite addicting.
________________________________________________

In other news...we had some U.S. Senator come into the store today. He wanted to sign copies of his new book. I was at lunch, but I remember his last name begins with a 'D'.
________________________________________________

In who-the-hell-cares news...my Captain Underpants temporary tattoo is coming off of my left hand. I should have taken a picture of it while it was still fresh. Oh well.

That's all I have for now.

3 comments:

schell said...

I'm going to have to try that mah jong, I'm hooked on the regular one.

CatBoy said...

I'm happy to hear that you and your main squeeze were reunited.

Do Gooder.

***LadyMtnMedic*** said...

Got my LL Bean catalog too, but it's starting to get fallish in the air now, autumn is imminent. Love their turtlenecks. Wonder though if their jackets are really worth it tho.