Thursday, December 04, 2008

Beedle Bard & Other Thoughts

We stayed open past midnight tonight to sell Beedle Bard.  It's now 1:36am, and I have to be back at work at 7am.  We have a home office visitor at 9am.  

Regarding the Guy:

You're totally right about the "He's Just Not That Into You".  I read that book when it first came out, and so many people poo-poo'd it, but I thought it made some good obvious points.  Basically, if a Guy is really into you, nothing will stand in his way.  I can't really blame someone for not wanting to make 'big changes' to see me, but since I have a car and could just as easily drive to him, I think in the end it probably has less to do with that and more to do with he doesn't like me as much as he thought he did at first.  

Still, it's kinda crappy knowing that someone thinks I'm not worth the effort.

But I still have my family, my friends, and all you wonderful people who are so good to me.  Thanks be to all of you.

6 comments:

CatBoy said...

Unfortunately, there is always something who doesn't think we are worth it; we just don't know about it most of the time. That was supposed to be helpful, but now I see it written down, I'm not so sure.

Well, it's not thirty miles, but if my internet connection was down, I'd walk to the tea joint a mile or so from here with my laptop so I could see if you had updated your blog.

Jenny Robin said...

You're such a sweetheart, Charles.

CatBoy said...

I'm a sweetheart who needs to proof his comments first.

UrbanStarGazer said...

I know what you mean but, think about it . . . sounds like he's not someone that you should really care what he thinks. Guy like that, I'd be more worried if he were into me. I'm guessing he has other issues.

Anonymous said...

Another old aphorism that might apply: "Timing is everything."

When I first met Liz there was interest on my part, but I didn't follow up on it because I was thinking about someone else. Obviously while I was in her presence I was doing my best to make a good impression, but if anyone had asked me, I'd have come up with an explanation for why I wasn't following up...

Four months later when we met for the second time, I followed up, because "timing is everything..."

Martha said...

I am late to the party here, but I totally agree with bertram about timing being everything. Chuck first expressed interest in me in 1992..just after I'd gotten engaged to someone else. Second time around was around 1999 or so; again his timing was bad. Our first date wasn't til 2001. The rest, as they say, is history.

Keep up the good work, my friend. You'll find someone worthy of your attention.