Wednesday, October 08, 2008

The Bees Knees

My mother had knee surgery 7 days ago.  My father is keeping us updated via email.  She seems to be doing well, and he is hanging in there, too.

Though I really just want to sleep on my upcoming days off, I offered to drive to their house and stay with her if he wanted some time off from nursing her.  

Tomorrow I am going to see The Color Purple at the Music Hall.  I'm going to the matinee because I don't want to wrangle with evening Fair traffic and parking hassles.  I can't believe the price of the ticket.  I don't think I paid that much even for my Wicked ticket.  But I do have a sweet seat, so hopefully there won't be the sound problems that there were when I saw Wicked.

I go camping in about 3 weeks, and I can't wait.  I'm so exhausted, and all I want to do is cook food outdoors, eat it, and take naps in my hammock.  I might rent a canoe and paddle around the lake while I'm there, too.  I have always enjoyed canoeing, though most of my experience is on rivers rather than lakes.

When I return from camping, I train a new GM, then I go to St. Louis to facilitate another classroom style training session.  I'd better get cracking on preparations.

2 comments:

CatBoy said...

I have heard recovering from knee surgery can be as bad as hip replacement- I hope it's not too bad.

Theater prices are ridiculous and I have yet to get an answer as to why that makes any sense (neither actors or crew seem to be getting much of it). When you really want to see something, you just have go for it (if you can).

Gail said...

My husband had hip replacement last Oct. and he's getting along fine. The secret to any successful replacement surgery is the rehab. If your Mama does the rehab faithfully, she shouldn't have many problems.

My idea of camping out is going to the Ritz-Carlton at Lake Oconee.