Monday, May 05, 2008

Five more Days

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Leavin' for Cruise Day

I have 5 full days and 4 work days before I leave for Florida (again) to hop on a ship.  This will be the third time I've been in Florida in the past 10 weeks.  I hope the drive is as lovely this time as it has been the past two times.

Now if I can just lose this terrible cough that is making my head hurt and my body ache because it is so severe.  I need to try some hot tea with honey a bit later.  

I've sworn off sugar sodas, candy, cakes, desserts, and other really bad-for-you things.  All that junk running through my veins, organs, body in general, was making me run less than optimal.  I wonder how long it takes to really work that stuff out of one's body...days?  weeks?  

I'll be missing the Mother's Day celebration at my parents' house this coming Sunday because I'll be en route to FL, so I need to go now and find something nice online to send to her at work to make her feel all kinds of special.  Any suggestions?

2 comments:

CatBoy said...

I don't know your mother so I find it hard to make suggestions.

I will suggest however loads of herbal tea to keep you fluid and I think eliminating simple carbs is a good call while you are not feeling well.

Another thing you could do (if you can stomach it) is cook celery, onions, garlic, parsley, and tomatoes in water until they are nearly mush, then strain them and drink the broth. It's high in potassium which is good for the lungs--so are bananas.

chenchy said...

Bath salts from the Crab!
I recommend India Hicks Island Living.
It's like floating in the Carribean...and since you will actually be doing that...it will be like you are doing it together.

By the way - try steeping some fresh ginger in hot water....it is a miracle cure for anything.