Friday, January 19, 2007

The Yearling

Happy Birthday to my car...
Happy Birthday to my car...
Happy Birthday Tangerine Metallic Honda Element EX-P 4WD
Happy Birthday to you.....

Yes, it's true, my car is one year old today. It's hard to believe, really. I have almost 16,000 miles on it, and it is every bit as beautiful and exciting as the day I got it.

In fact, I'll be driving it to Denver in mid-March for a work conference. Some other GMs and I are driving in early to ski and have other assorted fun. I've never snow skiid before. I have no coat and no gloves and no anything suitable for that activity. So I'm afraid I must hop onto LandsEnd.com shortly after everything is completely finalized and do some shoppin'. Any recommendations on what color coat I should buy?

It's rainy here today, and cold. It's winterish, and I like it. My kitty cuddles with me as much as she can now. I like that as well.

I'm currently mad at iTunes. I still cannot download the current Stargate seasons. I'm perfectly able to download other shows and CDs, just not the 2 that I really want. Ironic or craptastic? You choose.

I'm out of cumin. Damn.

My downstairs neighbor introduced himself to me at work on Wednesday. My old downstairs neighbor moved to a different unit. The new guy is named "Doc". I am always curious to know if people named Doc are actually doctors, or if they just have an affinity for Bugs Bunny. It's too bad I can't have a straight downstairs neighbor named Doc who is a doctor. But my luck in such things is not strong. Oh, and I don't really like to know my neighbors, especially if they're going to show up at my place of work as well. That's just creepy. The old downstairs neighbor guy comes in almost every day. We both do a fine job of pretending we don't know each other. There's something about a person knowing when you're flushing the toilet or taking a shower or washing the dishes that is too personal to be reminded of at work. Yeah, I'm a freak. I admit it.

My red clawed crab is super-adorable. He's still afraid of me. I would be too, if I were he.

Maybe I'll make cookies tonight.

I read a book yesterday called "Hattie Big Sky". It was about a young woman who was left a 320 acre claim of land in Montana in 1918 by her Uncle. Hattie moves out west to prove up the land. I normally love reading about homesteading and the westward expansion, but this was set during WWI and includes bits about that. I didn't care for those parts...just get on with the homesteading! It was maybe a 3 out of 5 stars.

I brought home a book called "Winkie" which is about a teddy bear who is accused of some crime. I don't know more than that, but I will very soon.

Someone on my staff today didn't know the book Bridge to Terabithia. Geezum petes.

4 comments:

CatBoy said...

I don't work in a bookstore, but in the miscreant's defense, I have never heard of Bridge to Terabithia either. I have heard of The Bridge on the River Kwai, and Waterloo Bridge and The Billy Goat's Gruff, which had a bridge in it.

I'm assuming the cumin isn't for the cookies.

Roger said...

So far, I've found that I'm the only guy in West Virginia who uses cumin regularly. I'll send you some.

R

The Broards said...

Bridge to Terabithia has been made into a movie. argh

Cumin is GREAT

Anonymous said...

So you're still a spinster?