Friday, December 22, 2006

Two Skyrtle Doves

What's a skyrtle dove? Hellifiknow.

Just over 45 hours to go.

A sister and brother came into the store today. She was beautiful, he was extreeeemely handsome, and they both had great senses of humor. Of course, I fell in lust with the guy immediately and found a new best friend in the girl. I'm lying, of course, but they were neat-o-rific people, and I really enjoyed talking with them for the brief minute or two that we all shared. It was most excellent. It's been a long long time since I've met what Anne of Green Gables calls 'kindred spirits' in person. I've met several online (you know who you are). I need to get out more.

But alas...

After 10 hours of walking around on hard tile floor, orchestrating all the people and activity in the store, I'm just too darn tarred to go do any social thing lately.

Not much else going on right now.

I may not post tomorrow (Saturday) night. I get off work at 12:30am and go back at 10am Sunday.

My dogs are barking, but my calf muscles rock right now.

4 comments:

Jenny Robin said...

P.S. Emma, it took me over 2 years to get CatBoy to play the role of my beck and call man...don't ruin it for me.

P.P.S. Catboy, Emma's really the one I manipulate. You know you're already the boss of me.

P.P.P.S. Gracie kitty likes to chase the ribbons that were wrapping the cookies, and I'm wearing the blue ribbon in my hair right now...awwww, how sweet is that?

CatBoy said...

It is sweet that you are wearing the ribbon, unless you are still wearing it in 20 years (shades of Miss Havishim).

Ha! A literary reference from the scholastic slacker.

***LadyMtnMedic*** said...

Merry Christmas Lady!

Too bad you couldn't put a bow on that cute guy and have Gracie put him under the tree for you! :-D

Thanks for the Anne of Green Gables reference, I love that video series, one of my all time faves!

Catz said...

happy new year!