Friday, April 20, 2007

Wicked at Fair Park in Dallas

The performances were top notch. I loved the sets and the costumes. But...and I really hate to have a but...there was something wrong with the sound. Granted, I was in 3rd balcony, section QQ, Row M, Seat 11, a fair distance from the stage, but the levels or balance were off, or something. Sometimes the music was too loud and I couldn't hear the performers, sometimes the sound effects were too loud and drowned out everything. It could have been where I was sitting, but I don't think so.

As I was walking back to my car after the show, I heard a man telling his date that he had trouble hearing everything and understanding the words as well. Fortunately, I know all the songs extreeeeemely well, so I don't feel I missed out on any plot points or important lyrics, but it was frustrating. I wonder if anyone else felt the same.

2 comments:

CatBoy said...

This seems to be an issue with a lot of stage shows. How long have they been using microphones in the theater? You'd think they'd have worked out the bugs by now.

Have you ever wondered what it was like to see a performance before they had mics, I have.

Glad you had a nice time, despite the sound system.

Jenny Robin said...

I had my team create an endcap today at the store with Wicked CDs, the book, and the Grimmerie. I made a sign that said 'Defy Gravity...see Wicked at the Music Hall at Fair Park'.

The last time the tour was in town, we sold a crapload of the CDs and books.