Sunday, April 01, 2007

Spring Erupteth

Today was as beautiful a day as there ever was. The recent rains (floodings) have encouraged the grass and trees to make soft green baby leaves. The bluebonnets and Indian paint brushes are covering the grass along the highways. The temperature is fair and the sun is kind. Even a big city can look pretty in Springtime.

It is a tradition in Texas for families to go on drives in the Spring in search of wildflowers. Big spreads of bluebonnets can be found along numerous highways in Texas, and every Mom and Dad wants a pic of their child, be it human or canine, sitting amongst the vivid blossoms. Brides-to-be and their wedding photographers drive south along I-35, maybe 100 miles, maybe 200, to find the best spot to take a picture of the lady in her wedding dress in a field of blue-ish/purple-ish flowers. The drive need not be so far today, as I saw numerous families in amongst the bluebonnets on my drive to and from Ft. Worth today. The bluebonnet is the state flower of Texas, and the maintenance crews who normally mow the grassy medians and side grasses must wait for the flowers to die before mowing the area lest they break the law forbidding the picking or cutting down of the bluebonnet. I didn't have my camera in my car with me, or I would have pulled over and taken a few pics, even with the traffic whizzing past me at 80mph.

I have to be at work at 5am tomorrow. We're having the high ceiling lights' bulbs changed out, and it is a 33 ft. ceiling which requires a very large lift to maneuver up into, made even more complex because the staircase makes a direct up/down lift impossible. I'm already overdue for getting to bed, if I want to get 8 hours sleep. Oh well.

Ok, that's all I'm motivated to write.

No comments: