Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I Have a Plan, a Delicious, Covetous Plan

The plan involves the ultimate attaining of this.  But there are many, many steps to take and things to accomplish before I can have it.

You see, I cannot play this while living in an apartment building.  So, I must buy a house.  A townhome or condo won't do, as I would still be sharing walls with other people, and even though I was an excellent player 15 years ago, I wouldn't start off that way now.  And what if I happen to live next to someone who doesn't like Mozart's horn concertos?  Gasp!  Besides, I would need that third bedroom as a music room/office and would need to install some sort of sound proofing/reduction material.

And I won't buy a house until I get promoted and also pay off my car.  One big item at a time, I think.  When I get promoted, I'll have to move somewhere else, and if I move somewhere else, I won't want to buy a house right off, because I won't know the area well yet.

So, I have to 1-Get promoted, 2-Pay off my car, 3-Buy a house, 4-Soundproof one of the rooms, so that I can eventually save up to buy 5-This.

It's beautiful, isn't it?  I played on a Holton in high school and some of college, though not this model, of course.  This model is gorgeous.  I covet it.  I can fairly feel its beauty.

But back to item number 1-Getting promoted.  Did I tell you I almost moved to Northern Maryland?  A couple of months ago I was approached to put my name in for a DM position in the Southern PA, Northern MD area.  This is a surprise to me, as I had just switched stores and thought it wouldn't even be possible for me to apply.  But they came to me, so that was great.  I was delighted at the possibility, but they offered the position to someone who already lives in that area.  My boss's boss called me to explain everything, and while I was disappointed, I'm actually ok with it.  I really really wanted the position, but I know my turn will come soon.  So, onward I go.  

But throughout that process, I was looking online at homes in that area, which led me to think of how I could finally buy a horn and play it whenever I wanted to...maybe even join a local community orchestra.  Some day I'd like to do that.

Ok, so....working towards step #1.  Every day working towards it. 

5 comments:

vq said...

Such a gorgeous, emotive, voice-like instrument. Hallie played it in HS, but only had a school horn. I've always wanted to get her one of her own, but lordy, the cost of them...

I would like to hear you play one day.

Jenny Robin said...

I only ever had school horns as well. They do cost a pretty penny, or a pretty hundreds of thousands of pennies as the case is.

CatBoy said...

So that was the big thing you told us about without actually telling us about. It didn't occur to me at the time that the new job might be in another state, but I'm glad you are staying put for the moment- I hate updating my address book.

The horn is beautiful and I think it's nice that you have a whole plan worked out- it would be a shame to buy and it and then feel you couldn't play it much with people above and/or below you.

CatBoy said...

PS. Aren't you impressed that I didn't stoop to saying something like "This post makes me horny."?

Jenny Robin said...

I'll let you know when you say something clever. Wait for it.............