Sunday, March 22, 2009

To Blog or to Facebook

I've been a bad bad blogger lately because I like to be-bop around on facebook in my free time nowadays.  And yet I find that there are still times when I want to write something longer than 100 characters, or whatever the max length of a status update is.

A lot, or a little, depending on how you look at it, has been going on in my world.  I've been working a lot...too much...an unhealthy amount.  But starting this week, it will all be well again, for the most part.  And I'll be back to working just a silly silly amount.

Like the fool that I am, I volunteered to coordinate the corps' efforts regarding our big fundraising venture for this year.  We are working concessions at a local minor league soccer stadium to raise money to run the corps.  There are 10 more events spread out between now and October, and it is my responsibility to gather all the information on who is volunteering for which dates and communicate everything to our contact with the concessions company.

I had a hell of a time getting enough people to work 8 days ago, and it took up a huge amount of my time, tracking folks down and trying to persuade them, so I've had several conversations with various people on the corps management team, and I am optimistic that a better system will be worked out shortly.  Basically, they need to get people to commit, and I am just the information gatherer...as it should be.

There was a drum corps party last night at an area bar, where we ate food, drank, and watched DVDs of various drum corps finals performances from throughout the years.  It may sound lame to the un-initiated, but it was a blast for all of us there.  People made requests for the shows they personally marched, and it was fun to watch the activity evolve from the 70s to today (though it's been around for decades and decades longer than that).

Guy was there last night, of course.  A lot of people now either know or have figured out that I am keen on him.  And according to Guy's brother, who likes to chat me up on Facebook, Guy knows, too.  So we chat sometimes online, have the occasional phone call that is completely corps-related, and see each other at corps functions and rehearsals.  He gives me a hug at the end of each one of these, but he hugs everyone else, too, so it's not like I'm getting special treatment.  And yet, there is something extra there, though I can't quite articulate it.

I now have a handful of people giving me advice on how to proceed, which I consider and then decide what I want to use, if any.  And so we'll see what happens.    

And now I must get ready for work. 

3 comments:

Bert Bananas said...

ah yes, young love in the Spring time. Best of hunting, young lady.

schell said...

I love facebook. But, I share way more on my blog.

mavis sidebottom said...

I like facebook but Its not replacement for bloggs or the boreds