Saturday, June 05, 2010

Does This "SOLD" Sign Make Me Look Fat?

Yes, this is my new home site. After much initialing and signing and providing of all my financial documents, I am now the proud owner of this patch of dirt. It was 98 degrees outside today with nary a cloud in the sky, so the community's pool is going to be very appealing to me in the next few months.

Don't you like my kicks? (kicks are shoes, in case you didn't know)

Even though today is Saturday, the mortgage guy at the bank and I spoke for about 35 minutes. He looked at the documents the home salesperson scanned and emailed over to him. I gave him some more information about my salary, other accounts, etc., and he checked my credit score as well. He told me that I would absolutely be approved for the loan based, and that the official certificate would be forthcoming. He is going to tell KB Home to proceed with the home during their builders meeting on Monday.

I've worked hard and smart and handled my finances conservatively and intelligently during my entire life, so I expect to be rewarded now with a fantastic interest rate and every other perk or advantage that is possible. I'm sorry if that sounds snooty, I just feel like it's time for me to get the bonuses that the responsible people of this country should receive.

The incentives include a washer, dryer, refrigerator, microwave above the stove, and $5,000 in free upgrades. Anyone want to go shopping at the design center with me?

The home won't be ready until October or November, due to it taking 6-8 weeks to get a building permit in Fort Worth (lots of construction going on in that town right now), and houses that are already in the queue to be built, so I won't have to buy a lawn mower or have a huge financial outlay for yard type things right now.

I already posted this same pic on Facebook, and I will tell my family tomorrow. They know I've been looking for a place to build and haven't been happy with anything I've seen, but I think they'll be surprised that I moved so quickly on this property/community. I just saw it for the first time 8 days ago, but I knew immediately it was the right place for me. And just a note about that...I have learned to follow my gut/instincts on things like this. It's an 'I'll know it when I see it' type of thing.

Now I'm off to watch Season 2 of 24 on DVD for the rest of the night. Toodles.

7 comments:

Sonya said...

Wishing you every happiness in your new home. Congratulations.

Martha said...

Congrats! I, too, am a firm believer with "go with your gut." So excited to see pics, when construction begins!

Jilly said...

congrats! i'm excited and happy for you!

nice pic, and i do like your shoes, they're very happy.

i can't wait to see something more than a patch of dirt.

vq said...

How exciting! Big congrats to you, Jenny!!

CatBoy said...

The sign makes you look tall.

Catz said...

congrats and keep us posted. I love your shoes!

UrbanStarGazer said...

Congratulations! Exciting!! Once it's done . . . then you have to fill it up! That's just as fun and a lot less scary.